Thursday, February 3, 2011

Denny's: What's not to love?

Freakin' Denny's. America's Diner. All breakfasts, all lunches, all dinners, all day er'ryday!! They are truely the only place where you can walk in un-expectedly and order up some nice stacks of pancakes, or just a nice juicy burger. Not to mention their latest achievement, the $2, $4, $6, $8 menu, which gives ludicrous prices for the most quality. The lower-end, specifically. I'm not so sure about the $8 platters n' such. Either way, if you couldn't already tell, I have a huge hard on for Denny's.

My favorite dish, however, is not even considered a dish at all. If you are not the kind of person who enjoys an appetizer, you're only robbing yourself of some of the best parts restaraunts have to offer. Denny's Loaded Nachos are the most un-appetizer appetizers I have ever witnessed. About a pound of tostito-style (but not brand) chips smothered with two kinds of cheese, meat, tomatos, onions, and peppers, finished off with a coup de grace dallop of sour cream make up these monstrous nachos. I've ordered skillets that don't even come close to the size of this plate at nearly a dollar or two more. On several occasions I didn't even finish my plate, and they are almost always the only food item I order when I eat 'em. They used to not make them available as "half-orders", so I'm sure somewhere along the way they had enough inquiries to downsize them. But being soooo epic, Denny's couldn't just say "Yeah, thats too much", so they basically said Fuck That!! If you want it less, you gotta ASK for it less goddamnit!!

Thats more than enough reason to continue to give my dollar to the only place ballsy enough to call itself "America's Diner".